When you’re in a long-term relationship, it can be hard to think of date night ideas for your special someone. However, it’s important to keep the romance alive, even when everyday life sneaks up on you and it’s really not hard to be spontaneously romantic with a gift or flowers where you can get them delivered from places like Floral Hub in Brighton and other places and date night doesn’t have to be expensive or over-the-top to be special. Sometimes the best date nights are the ones you create from the comfort of your own home.
Gearing Up for Date Night
Not sure how to start the evening? Here are a few date night ideas for lockdown:
- Watching a romantic comedy + wine = perfect date night. We all know that watching a romantic comedy with a bottle of wine is the perfect date night idea, but what looks romantic to you may not be your partner’s cup of tea. It doesn’t have to be just wine either – some Recreational Cannabis of the right strains (provided you are aware of its legality) can also put the two of you in a mellow mood, just right for a cozy night in. Next time you want to cuddle up on the couch for a date night, why not make it a little more interesting by picking a movie that will actually prompt a conversation? (Who knows, you might even learn a thing or two about yourself in the process.
- Cook meals together. Is the only way to create a romantic dinner date with someone on a Friday night is to lock yourselves in your room and cook a candlelit dinner? While it may seem a tad extreme, this one simple action could drastically improve your relationship. Spice up the night by offering your partner a lovely variety of wines from the McBride Sisters Wine Collection or other preferred drinks. They even come in cans to make drinking + cooking together more convenient! By spending time together in the kitchen on a Friday night and making a point to light candles and play some soft music, you’re putting effort into making your relationship a priority. The other person will notice and appreciate the gesture.
- The game is on. If you find yourself locked in a room with your spouse and have no way out, there’s no need to panic. You can keep yourselves entertained with a great date night idea, like playing games. Games are not only great for the kids, but they can also be a lot of fun for adults. You can try playing card games. They’re fun, cheap and you can do them anywhere.
- Planning for the next vacation. Your city is under a lockdown, and you don’t know how long you’ll be confined inside with your special someone or with your spouse and kids. Sure, you’re scared. But you know what? It’s time to make lemonade out of the lemon life has handed you. No, really. Yes, you’re stuck at home for now, but there’s no reason you can’t have a little fun. You can plan your next vacation right now from the comfort of your own living room. However, if you can’t wait to show your partner your deeper desires, you can perhaps use pheromones perfume to seduce your love towards you. Well, wouldn’t that be something you want?
- Dancing is a great date night idea for a couple for many reasons. The first reason is that it is usually a lot cheaper than buying a fancy dinner. You can find plenty of free dance lessons and dance clubs in your city. Second, dancing is a great way to get close to your partner. Getting out on the dance floor is a sexy way to spend time with your special someone. Whether you’re out at the club, at a class, or dancing at home, dancing together is a physical activity sure to get your blood flowing.
- Try an at-home spa date for two. Start by placing two comfy pillows on the floor of the bathroom, lay a towel on top, and turn on the water. Next, grab your favorite face mask (or two, if you’re feeling really indulgent) and your bath bomb or sea salt. Lastly, turn on some romantic music and dim the lights. After all, your partner is the most important part of your spa date.
You know what they say: the couples who date together stay together. And while you can tell your partner what you would like to do for your date night, why not let them decide? You’ll both have a better time if you go along with their plans, and it’ll be less likely that you’ll get into an argument that will ruin the evening. When you’re in a long-term relationship, it can be hard to think of date night ideas for your special someone.
However, it’s important to keep the romance alive, even when everyday life sneaks up on you. Date night doesn’t have to be expensive or over-the-top to be special. Sometimes the best date nights are the ones you create from the comfort of your own home.